1 August 2015

WHAT'S ON MY FACE #O4


Lately makeup has not been my main thought when I first wake up in the morning, normally I tend to opt for more sleep (I know this isn't the greatest thing ever because then I end up looking tired all day!). The lazy side of me took over, and I normally only ended up wearing mascara and occasionally filling in my brows.
A few weeks ago though, I decided enough is enough and that I was going to start putting more effort into how I look on a daily basis. Extra sleep was forgotten and I found myself waking up earlier just so I could do my hair and makeup (hair is another thing which was normally forgotten, my signature hairstyle as of late has been a fishtail plait - whoops).

So, in my sleepy state, I go for Bourjois Happy Light foundation (£11.99) as this really perks up my skin and leaves me with a fresh glow, which I believe, is exactly the look you want early in the morning! Although my skin is naturally really oily, I just tend to brush over some mattifying powder to make sure I don't look like my makeup is melting off my face.

For mascara, I find myself time and time again reaching for Soap & Glory's Thick & Fast (10) mascara. To tell you the truth, I wasn't a super huge fan of this when I first purchased it. I was more in love with Seventeen's Doll'd Up (£6.29) mascara instead. However, when this run out (and I was left heartbroken - anddddd still needing to buy a replacement) I decided to give this mascara another go and now I love it. It leaves my lashes with a natural looking curl all day, and you can build up how thick you want your lashes to look, which I find really useful. You can opt for a more natural look during the day and just build up the thickness for a night out! 


For cheeks I've been obsessing with GOSH Multi-Colour Blush (£7.99) because there are subtle shimmers, leaving your cheeks with a beautiful radiance. Highlighters have always been a love of mine, and lately I've been reaching for I Heart Makeup Highlighter in Goddess of Love (£4.99) because it's not too shimmery so it doesn't leave your face looking like a disco ball...



After watching Bethany Mota's Morning Get Ready With Me on YouTube I've been wanting to recreate her rose-gold eyeshadow look. So I searched my drawers until I found a similar one in this dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 3 Palette (£38). This cost me around £5 online. You can read the post about it here. It's a really similar look and I've been in love with it! It just adds a little something extra to your everyday look but is still really casual.

Of course, being the oily skinned girl that I am (any recommendations for a mattifying foundation/primer/etc will be helpful!), I use Rimmel's Stay Matte primer (£5.99) everyday before applying any other makeup goodies. It lasts a long while, but if you're working 9-5 like I have been for a while now I would recommend applying a matte powder as well.


And lastly, lips. I'm not a huge fan of wearing lipstick everyday so if I do apply a lipstick it'll be a natural looking one 9 times out of 10. This is one of the lip colours that I tend to opt for. This is E.L.F Lip Colour in Praline (around £3) and although it's a little drying on the lips, it's a beautiful nude colour that is very much like what Kylie Jenner has been wearing lately!

What makeup have you been loving lately?

1 comment:

  1. I've been all over the Laura Mercier highlighter they released for this summer, it has been on my face almost every single day.

    Love reading what everyone else is loving :)

    Rosy | sparklesoflight76.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete