1 January 2014

NYE: The Makeup


Last night I decided instead of going out with friends this year that I would stay in with my family. We ended up dancing to loud music, drinking and watching endless clips on my favourite app Vine. Even though I stayed in I still decided to do my makeup - it makes the time go quicker, any who.

I tried something a little different, not being that daring as I was actually staying in - but still a little more adventurous for me all the same. I started off by contouring and highlighting using Sleek's Light Contour Kit (£6.49). I actually really liked it as it was my first time using it, the contour wasn't too dark and it was easy to blend in and the highlight wasn't too shimmery. I also used a little bit more highlight from my Avon Ideal Luminous Highlighter just above my cheek bones. I blended this in using my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99), I have this in the shade 53 (I should have got a 52 as it's a tad too dark!) - this kept the contour and highlight in place but blended in the sharp lines so it looked more natural. I then used my Natural Collection Cover-up Cream in Fair (£1.99) for any blemishes I still had visible on my skin. For cheeks I used this beautiful shimmery pink blusher by Dainty Doll in the Shade 002. It looks frightening before you use it as it's so bright but it's quite subtle on the skin. To put that all together I used Soap & Glory's One Heck of a Blot (£12.00).

For my eyes I went for something quite drastic and done a dark brown smokey eye. I used my Revlon Palette in Addictive and the Maybelline Eyeshadow Mono in Iced Fudged. All together I think it looked okay - maybe I went a little overboard on the shimmer! I swiped a little of my MUA Eyeliner in Jet Black (£1.00) on the tops of my lids and a little on the bottom waterline and finished my eyes with the Maybelline Falsies Mascara (£7.99). I lastly applied my ELF Matte Lip Colour in Rich Red (£3.75) to finish the look and to pull it all together. Overall, I think it looked nice but I'm a bit sceptical as to whether I will do this look again! It was fine as I was in the house but maybe a little more subtle when I go out, maybe a light brown smokey eye and a nude lip. I think putting the dark smokey eye and bold lip together was a little drastic!

How did you do your make for NYE?

No comments:

Post a Comment